News & Views Connection
In Arkansas, there's a kind of David-versus-Goliath battle underway over a weedkiller.
On one side, there's the giant Monsanto Company. On the other, a committee of 18 people, mostly farmers and small business owners, who regulate the use of pesticides in the state. They've banned Monsanto's latest way of killing weeds.
Terry Fuller is on that committee. He never intended to pick a fight with a billion-dollar company. "I didn't feel like I was leading the charge," he...
Music & Arts Connection
Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism Travel Writer Kim Williams talks about the following events happening in Arkansas during the weekend of February 16!
America's adversaries are circling like coyotes just beyond the light from the campfire, top intelligence officials warn — but that's not the scariest thing to some members of the Senate intelligence committee. What bothers them is the need to convince people the coyotes are there. "My problem is, I talk to people in Maine who say, 'the whole thing is a witch hunt and it's a hoax,' because that's what the president told me," said Sen. Angus King, I-Maine. The leaders of the U.S. intelligence...
#Trending on KASU.org
The 2011 shooting death of a Jonesboro businessman is the focus of a show that airs tomorrow night on “Dateline NBC”. The show is titled “The Root of All Evil”, and it will focus on the death of Marc Despain. The 34-year-old was found dead in his home from a gunshot wound on August 24, 2011. Marc’s wife, Michelle Despain, plead guilty August eighth to three counts of hindering apprehension in the death. She was originally charged with capital murder in the case. She was sentenced to 30-years...
- Guns On Campus, Drug Reimbursement Bills Face Hurdles Just To Be Heard In Fiscal Session
- Governor Proposes $180 Million Tax Cut For High Earners In State Of The State Address
- Republican Dominance Of State Legislature Means Fiscal Session Won't Stymie Governor
- As Overdose Deaths Climb, Pain Patients and Doctors React to Proposed Restrictions
- UA Better Than SEC Cohort But Gap Between Black High Schoolers And University’s Rolls 18 Points
- Primaries held for 3 Arkansas districts Tuesday
- Ray drops bid for Arkansas Land Commissioner GOP nomination
- Jared Henderson is Democratic Challenger to Governor Asa Hutchinson
- Arkansas state lawmaker launches bid for 2nd District US House seat
- Interview: Jan Morgan's Bid To Best Governor Hutchinson In The GOP Primary