News & Views Connection
This is a press release from Marvin Day: Jonesboro – Marvin Day of Jonesboro has announced that he is running for Craighead County Judge in the upcoming May 22 Republican primary. Day, a graduate of Jonesboro High School received a civil engineering degree from the University of Arkansas and is employed as a senior engineer at City Water and Light. He has previously worked in the highway and heavy construction business and was a co-founder of Asphalt Producers, LLC. “I want to foster...
Music & Arts Connection
Updated at 5:06 p.m. ET The federal government is back open for business on Tuesday, but the immigration fight that brought it to a three-day shutdown is far from over. On Monday, Congress passed a stopgap spending bill that funds the government through Feb. 8, with Democrats crossing over to back the measure in exchange for assurances that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., would bring an immigration bill to the floor. McConnell said he would pursue legislation to address the...
KASU Listeners' Trending Stories
Jessie Misskelley Jr., released from prison in 2011 in the infamous West Memphis Three case was jailed Saturday night after he was arrested on a slew of traffic citations. Misskelley, 42, is accused of driving without a license, no vehicle insurance, and driving a vehicle with one or more headlights. He appeared in district court Monday. His bond was set at $875. Second Judicial District Prosecutor Scott Ellington told Talk Business & Politics he doesn’t think the traffic violations will...
- A Look Ahead to the 2018 Farm Bill: Food, Farms and Forests
- Coming to Grips with Arkansas's Open Carry Gun Law
- Anti-Abortion Rally With Republican Governor, Attorney General Showcase Conservative Power In State
- Arkansas Immigration Advocates Ask Sen. Cotton To Reverse Course As Anti-Immigration Leader
- Controversial C&H Hog Farm Gets A Favorable Hearing, Still Faces Steep Permit Denial Appeal
- Day announces for Craighead County Judge seat
- Craighead County Judge Hill not running for reelection
- Governor Hutchinson Announces Campaign Team For 2018
- Democratic U.S. House Hopeful Spencer Hails Campaign Fundraising Principles In 4Q Haul
- Jan Morgan officially enters Arkansas governor’s race on GOP ticket