Updated at 9:42 a.m. Thursday marks one year since the appointment of Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller . Has any public figure in the United States ever become such a partisan lightning rod after having said so little? Mueller has achieved the unusual distinction of being both intensely reviled and deeply beloved after appearing on no TV programs and no radio call-in shows; in no newspaper interviews; and in no Snapchat stories, Facebook Live streams or Twitter threads....
- Poll: 2nd District Democrats show strong support for Arkansas Works, gun regulation
- 2018 Arkansas Primary Sample Ballot & Early Voting Totals for Craighead County
- State Rep. Sullivan and challenger Peck debate includes telemedicine, tort reform
- Poll: Gov. Hutchinson leads Jan Morgan among GOP primary voters
- Day, Presley Debate in Craighead County Judge Race
News & Views Connection
Calstrip Industries Inc. announced plans today to build a new processing facility on the campus of Nucor Steel Arkansas, near Blytheville in Mississippi County. Construction will begin during the second quarter of 2018.
Music & Arts Connection
The Trinity River Band will perform a concert of bluegrass music on Monday, May 21, at 7:00 p.m. at the Collins Theatre, 120 West Emerson Street, in downtown Paragould, Arkansas. The concert is part of the Bluegrass Monday concert series presented by KASU 91.9 FM. KASU will literally “pass the hat” during the concert to collect money to pay the group. The suggested donation is $5 per person.
#Trending on KASU.org
The Arkansas primary elections are underway as residents cast their vote for candidates to run in November mid-term election. Arkansas Republicans have a full roster of candidates competing for the GOP primary in positions for Governor and Secretary of State. Democrats also have candidates vying for a gubernatorial position. Also, a 3-way race is going on for a spot on the state Supreme Court.
- Republican Dominance, Open Primaries Makes One Party's Picks Ripe For Crossover Vote
- Work Requirements For Health Care May Put Arkansas In National Spotlight
- Food Stamp Work Requirements (Proposed) Could Push Needy To Rural Food Pantries
- Fayetteville LGBTQ Activists Grapple with Internal Inclusion, Exclusion Politics
- Black, White Opinion Converges Around Belief Inequality Exists
- During Roundtable, Trump Calls Some Unauthorized Immigrants 'Animals'
- Breaking With Trump's GOP, Koch Brothers Praise Democrats On Immigration
- One Year Into The Job, 3 Big Lessons About Special Counsel Robert Mueller
- News Brief: New Trump Tower Meeting Documents, NAFTA, Burundi Referendum
- Marking One Year Since Mueller's Appointment
As Heard on Morning Edition
#Trending on NPR.org
Updated at 5:40 p.m. ET In his annual disclosure of personal finances, President Trump acknowledged that he paid lawyer Michael Cohen between $100,000 and $250,000 last year. Both Cohen and Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani have said some of that money was to reimburse Cohen for a $130,000 hush money settlement with adult film actress Stormy Daniels, who says she had an affair with Trump. Trump's revelation came in his signed disclosure report, required by federal ethics law. The Office of...