News & Views Connection
This from the National Weather Service in Memphis: ...WINTER STORM TO IMPACT THE MID-SOUTH LATER... .An arctic front will move through the Mid-South this afternoon into this evening. Light snow will develop, first across very northern parts of the Mid-South then shift south tonight into Tuesday. Snow will intensify over East Central Arkansas, Northwest Mississippi into much West Tennessee later tonight. Snow will taper off from northwest to southeast on Tuesday. Arctic air will rush into the...
Music & Arts Connection
Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism Travel Writer Kim Williams talks about the following events happening in Arkansas during the weekend of January 19!
Updated at 9:30 p.m. ET Hours after the U.S. government announced it would again begin processing renewal applications for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals due to a federal court order, President Trump claimed that the program — which has granted a temporary legal reprieve to people who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children — was "probably dead." The furor Trump ignited with his reported use of a vulgarity about African nations in a meeting with lawmakers last week about...
KASU Listeners' Trending Stories
U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions issued a directive that reversed an Obama-era policy regarding Marijuana laws. Sessions called for justice department officials to enforce federal law regarding marijuana usage; a law which is in conflict with many states, including Arkansas, which has legalized cannabis. Roby Brock with Talk Business and Politics sits down with attorney Erica Gee for analysis on how Session’s move will impact Arkansas’ fledgling medical marijuana industry.
- Embattled Buffalo River Industrial Swine Farm Denied New Operating Permit
- Legislators Take A Swing At, Pass On State Health Department Budget Cuts For Now
- Rice 'Pretenders' Irk Arkansas's Rice Industry
- State's Corrections Departments' Budgets Raise Questions, Ruffle Few Feathers
- Lawmakers Question Education Commissioner About Subtracted Funds In '19 Budget Proposal
- Governor Hutchinson Announces Campaign Team For 2018
- Democratic U.S. House Hopeful Spencer Hails Campaign Fundraising Principles In 4Q Haul
- Jan Morgan officially enters Arkansas governor’s race on GOP ticket
- Songwriter drops bid to succeed Blackburn in Congress
- Talk Business on KASU: U.S. First District Democratic Challenger Chintan Desai