News & Views Connection
LITTLE ROCK — Gov. Asa Hutchinson today appointed Christy Clark of Little Rock, a 1992 graduate of Arkansas State University, to a five-year term on the ASU Board of Trustees. A McCrory native, Clark succeeds Ron Rhodes of Cherokee Village, who served two five-year terms on the board, most recently as chair. Her appointment expires in January 2023. ASU System President Chuck Welch said Clark will bring a broad background in business and community service leadership to the board. “Christy has...
Music & Arts Connection
Updated at 7:10 p.m. ET President Trump on Thursday referred to African nations as "s***hole countries" during a meeting on immigration with a bipartisan group of senators, according to a Democratic aide and another person familiar with the conversation. Trump made the comment during a discussion of U.S. visa and immigration policies inside the Oval Office. Trump was meeting with the senators to discuss a bipartisan plan to grant legal protections to the roughly 800,000 immigrants who are in...
KASU Listeners' Trending Stories
Despite the belief by Gov. Asa Hutchinson that medical marijuana use will likely remain consistent under President Donald Trump, others were uncertain of the impact a decision by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions will have on the state’s medical marijuana industry, which is projected to also help the state’s economy. Sessions on Thursday (Jan. 4) rescinded the Obama administration’s so-called Cole memo adopted by former U.S. Attorney Eric Holder in 2013, and said his department would return...
- Embattled Buffalo River Industrial Swine Farm Denied New Operating Permit
- Legislators Take A Swing At, Pass On State Health Department Budget Cuts For Now
- Rice 'Pretenders' Irk Arkansas's Rice Industry
- State's Corrections Departments' Budgets Raise Questions, Ruffle Few Feathers
- Lawmakers Question Education Commissioner About Subtracted Funds In '19 Budget Proposal
- Governor Hutchinson Announces Campaign Team For 2018
- Democratic U.S. House Hopeful Spencer Hails Campaign Fundraising Principles In 4Q Haul
- Jan Morgan officially enters Arkansas governor’s race on GOP ticket
- Songwriter drops bid to succeed Blackburn in Congress
- Talk Business on KASU: U.S. First District Democratic Challenger Chintan Desai
- DACA Recipients Can Apply For Renewal, Government Says
- Former U.S. Sen. John Tunney, Inspiration For Redford's 'The Candidate,' Dies At 83
- Puerto Rico Government Takes Statehood Campaign To Capitol Hill
- Trump's Latest Vulgar Comments Cast Shadow Over Legislative Agenda
- DACA Extension And Bolstered Border Security Part Of Latest Negotiation Talks