News & Views Connection
The Arkansas Plant Board has doubled down on its plan to ban Dicamba, the agricultural weed killer. The vote Wednesday was a slight rebuke of state Rep. Bill Sample (R-Hot Springs) and colleagues on a legislative subcommittee that last month asked the board to reconsider the ban, specifically the April 15 cutoff date for spraying Monsanto’s controversial herbicide. In November, the board proposed a ban on the use of Dicamba. Close to 1,000 Arkansas farmers filed formal complaints because the...
Music & Arts Connection
Hear KUARs report on Sister Rosetta Tharpe to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Sister Rosetta Tharpe, a pioneering gospel singer and guitar player from Arkansas, will be among the 2018 inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. She was born in the Woodruff County town of Cotton Plant in 1915 and achieved fame in the 1930s. Tharpewas among six acts announced Wednesday for next year's induction ceremony and will be honored in the category Early Influences. Stephen Koch, host...
Updated at 2:15 a.m. ET Thursday Steve Bannon, President Trump's former chief strategist, once called a now-famous meeting among Donald Trump Jr., campaign chairman Paul Manafort, Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner and a group of Russians "treasonous," according to accounts of an upcoming book. Responding to the story, the White House issued a statement from Trump stating, "Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind."...
KASU Listeners' Trending Stories
The Arkansas State Plant Board will hold a special meeting Wednesday (Jan. 3) in Little Rock to discuss potential regulation changes for the use of the herbicide dicamba during the 2018 growing season. ASPB had proposed to ban the controversial weed killer for the season, but the Arkansas Legislative Council’s Administrative Rules and Regulations Subcommittee decided Dec. 12 to hold the rule change to allow ASPB to possibly modify it before a final decision is rendered. The Subcommittee asked...
- State Plant Board Holds Tight To Dicamba Ban Despite Lawmakers' Appeal For Changes
- Homeless In Little Rock Face Higher Risk of Foot Problems, UAMS Clinic Wants To Help
- Springdale Elmdale Elementary Sanctuary for Traumatized Students
- Student Journalists Give VA Good Grade, But Veteran Homelessness, Suicide Cause For Alarm
- Teacher Tax Credit Stays Following Outcry As Tax Overhaul Nears Finish
- Governor Hutchinson Announces Campaign Team For 2018
- Democratic U.S. House Hopeful Spencer Hails Campaign Fundraising Principles In 4Q Haul
- Jan Morgan officially enters Arkansas governor’s race on GOP ticket
- Songwriter drops bid to succeed Blackburn in Congress
- Talk Business on KASU: U.S. First District Democratic Challenger Chintan Desai
- Virginia To Decide Election Tie With Drawing
- Despite Takedown And Legal Threat, Bannon Says He Still Backs Trump
- In Election Year, Sen. Gardner Says Senate Is Focused On American People
- ESPN's Jemele Hill On Race, Football And That Tweet About Trump
- France's Macron Says He Wants Law To Combat Fake News