News & Views Connection
Listen to the story here. Bill Esserthasn't lived in Arkansas in years. He's a businessman for an agriculture technology company in Cotati, California — BioTherm. "What we do, we’re showing two things, the O2 Tube, which is all about dissolved oxygen and enhancing the amount of dissolved oxygen by infusing oxygen into your irrigation water, and the benefits of this is enhancing growth, plant growth, higher yields, less fungus and more yield for the amount of bud as well as higher levels of THC." His parents still do, though. Live in Arkansas, that is — Conway.
Music & Arts Connection
JONESBORO – Arkansas’s oldest public broadcasting station, KASU Radio 91.9 FM of Arkansas State University, will present “Jazz for the Holidays”, Saturday Dec. 9, at 7:30 p.m., in downtown Pocahontas, at The Rendezvous Event Center, 106 West Everett Street. Featured musicians will perform traditional holiday songs with jazzed-up arrangements and improvisational jam sections to create a festive atmosphere for all. Admission price at the door is a $10 suggested donation and $5 for students. The...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjVBTlmBb-I Updated at 3:46 p.m. ET Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., facing multiple allegations of sexual misconduct, announced Thursday that he will be resigning. Speaking on the Senate floor, Franken said serving in the Senate has been "the great honor of my life" and that nothing he has done as a senator "has brought dishonor" on the institution. But he said, "it's become clear that I can't both pursue the Ethics Committee process and at the same time remain an...
KASU Listeners' Trending Stories
Expect traffic delays starting Tuesday, December 5th if you travel on Highway 49 from East Johnson Avenue to NEA Baptist hospital. The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department says asphalt and milling work will occur for up to three weeks on that stretch of highway. All four lanes will be worked on, one lane at a time. Crews say the work will take place on Mondays through Saturdays from 6:30 am to 5:30 pm until the project is complete.
- Marijuana Expo Brings Together Seniors, Veterans, Scientists, Sons Of Arkansas
- Fayetteville First Public School District to Buckle Up
- Pet Food Factory Beats City’s Odor Ordinance But Leaves Question Open — Who Can Shut Stink Down?
- Net Metering Decision Spurs Write-In Campaign But Commission Weighing Interest Groups’ Input
- Federal Agency Revokes Soy’s Heart-Healthy Claim
- Rep. Trent Franks To Resign From Congress After Discussing Surrogacy With Staffers
- USDA Opens Door For States To Impose New Rules On Food Stamps
- FBI Director Chris Wray Briefs Congress And Defends His Institution
- Minnesotans React To Sen. Al Franken's Decision To Resign
- Will The Tax Overhaul Help The Working Class