News & Views Connection
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas' ban on the use of a weed killer blamed by farmers in several states for crop damage will remain in place after a state judge dismissed a legal challenge by a maker of the herbicide.
Music & Arts Connection
The city of Walnut Ridge is the only city in Arkansas where the Beatles ever set foot during their touring days as a band, and seven years ago Mayor Charles Snapp and a group of civic leaders wanted to commemorate the event with a festival. This year, it struck gold. Beatles at the Ridge was chosen by the Arkansas Festivals and Events Association (AFEA) as its Gold winner, or the best festival in the state in 2017. Snapp told Talk Business & Politics he can’t believe this event, without a...
Updated at 9:30 a.m. ET President Trump is facing calls to act in the wake of the latest mass shooting, which killed 17 people Wednesday at a high school in Florida, and the White House is not ignoring them. The president will participate in a pair of listening sessions on school safety this week, and on Monday morning the White House said he supports efforts to improve the federal background check system, something Congress has expressed broad support for without acting on after past...
#Trending on KASU.org
Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson will go before the state legislators to deliver the state of the state address. The address will kick off Arkansas' fiscal session, in which the biggest fight will be on how to fund Arkansas Works, the state's hybrid Medicaid expansion program.
- Guns On Campus, Drug Reimbursement Bills Face Hurdles Just To Be Heard In Fiscal Session
- Governor Proposes $180 Million Tax Cut For High Earners In State Of The State Address
- Republican Dominance Of State Legislature Means Fiscal Session Won't Stymie Governor
- As Overdose Deaths Climb, Pain Patients and Doctors React to Proposed Restrictions
- UA Better Than SEC Cohort But Gap Between Black High Schoolers And University’s Rolls 18 Points
- Democrat to switch from Secretary of State’s race to Lt. Governor
- Primaries held for 3 Arkansas districts Tuesday
- Ray drops bid for Arkansas Land Commissioner GOP nomination
- Jared Henderson is Democratic Challenger to Governor Asa Hutchinson
- Arkansas state lawmaker launches bid for 2nd District US House seat