Updated at 1:03 p.m. ET President Trump on Wednesday demanded that NATO allies increase defense spending immediately and double their current goal for burden-sharing in the defense alliance. As Trump gathered with leaders of NATO countries for a summit in Brussels, he also repeatedly said Germany's energy dependence on Russia undermines its independence. He blasted the German government for not spending more on defense and suggested that a 3-year-old energy supply agreement has left Germany ...
News & Views Connection
When Melissa Combs thinks about the days after residents in the southeast Missouri town of Kennett learned they were going to lose their hospital, she remembers the reaction of the community. “Devastation, lots of sleepless nights, the entire community was wrecked.”
Music & Arts Connection
A pioneering musician from Brinkley is being posthumously honored by having part of U.S. 49 in eastern Arkansas dedicated as the Louis Jordan Memorial Highway. A ceremony was held Monday with officials from the Arkansas Department of Transportation and other dignitaries who came together to unveil a sign alongside the highway.
#Trending on KASU.org
Embassy Suites and Red Wolf Convention Center in Jonesboro Announces Director of Sales The 203-Suite property is set to open on Arkansas State's Campus in 2019 JONESBORO, Arkansas – July 10, 2018 – – O’Reilly Hospitality Management, LLC, is proud to announce Shawnie Carrier as its new Director of Sales for the Embassy Suites and Red Wolf Convention Center. This makes Shawnie the first hire for the 203-Suite property with over 40,000 squre feet of convention space, that is currently under...
- Veterans Crowd Fayetteville VA Hospital Town Hall Meeting With Grave Concerns
- Arkansas Criminalizes Drowsy Driving, But How Effective Is That?
- Politics, Economics Weighed In Midterm Ballot Proposals On Term Limits, Casinos, Tort Reform
- Senate Passes Farm Bill; Food Stamp Fight Still Ahead
- Arkansas Medical Marijuana Users Federally Barred From Purchasing, Owning Guns
- 'We Need To Take A Stand': U.K. Protesters Mobilize For Trump's Visit
- 'The Fall Of Wisconsin' Puts The State's 2016 Presidential Choice In Context
- Trump's Harsh Words For NATO Meet With Pushback From Republicans And Democrats
- Attorney Alan Dershowitz On How The Law Applies (Or Doesn't) To Trump
- What Manhood Means Today
As Heard on Morning Edition
#Trending on NPR.org
Updated at 11 a.m. ET An elite team of Thai navy SEALs and foreign rescue divers brought out the final four boys and their soccer coach from a flooded cave near the Thai-Myanmar border, extracting the team through a labyrinth of tight passages after they spent two weeks trapped in darkness. The operation on Tuesday moved quickly, raising hopes that all 12 boys and their adult coach from the Wild Boars soccer team would be at the surface by the end of the day. "We are not sure if this is a...